Monday, August 24, 2009

Thought Behind the Name...

Throughout the past couple of weeks God has been putting the Song of Solomon on my heart and in my head. During our last week at Bethany College of Missions our last class was taught by Nita Stiener on the Song of Solomon. Through this God opened my eyes to the beauty of His Son and to the extravagant love that He has for me. I began to see Jesus as a Bridegroom and the Church as His beloved Bride; even more personally to see myself as the Beloved and Cherished daughter of God.
My heart thrills at the thought and I find myself falling more in love with Jesus every time I read it. The Lord has revealed even more to me about this Love Song that I will talk about later in my blog.
I'm new at this so forgive me of any mistakes and oddities.
I encourage you if you haven't read the Song of Solomon to open your Bible today and ask the Holy Spirit to encounter you and reveal the love of God to you. Begin the Journey to see yourself as God sees you. We're all on a journey with God. He loves us, disciples us, sheilds and protects us...I know that the end of all the challenges I go through, His vision for me is that I might bloosom and come out of the desert as one who is Leaning on Her Beloved.

"Who is this coming up from the wilderness,
leaning on her Beloved?"
Song of Solomon 8:5

*Big thank you to Stephen Corbett for helping me come up with the title!*

No comments:

Post a Comment