Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bwana Sifiwe!

Isn’t the Lord good!! Wow. He takes my breath away and showers me with unexpected blessings in this dry and weary land.
Coming back to North Eastern after being gone for 10 days in Western Kenya has been anything but easy for me. I struggled with being happy with being back and prayed and trusted that God would give me extra grace to get through the readjusting once again. He graciously answered my cry. My first day back has been such a wonderful day overflowing with the beauties and mysteries of God that I hardly know what to think. Whether it was in the glorious sunset or the blessing of a downpour of rain or the three rainbows I saw in one night or maybe being able to speak with my family. The Lord was showing His love for me and reminding me that His presence is with me in this place. Yes, even in North East Kenya the Lord speaks and moves.
At our Bible study this morning the Lord encouraged me through my teammates and gave us a passage of scripture that spoke of God’s sovereignty and how He knows everything about us. One verse that spoke to me is
“Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to Heaven, you are there!” (Psalm 139:7) It reminded me that no matter where I go the Lord is there. I cannot go beyond His reach! He is here with me and sees me when I stand, sit, sleep and eat. He hears me when I cry out to Him. It put such a peace in my heart knowing that being in this dry, lonely, desert the Lord is here and He’s holding my hand through it all. I just have to trust that He knows what He’s doing and He’s guiding and directing my path. The Lord has not left me.
I love the Lord for this, I am so thankful that I do not serve a fake, powerless, lifeless man-made idol but rather a breathing, living and very powerful God. A God that knows me completely and utterly before I even existed. He sees all and knows all and loves more passionately and deeply than I could ever imagine.
“My frame was not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them.” That’s my God! As I open myself up to Him and seek His face and yearn for more of Him He’s gently, lovingly, and patiently showing me more about His characteristics and His love for me.
Bwana Asifiwe! (Praise the Lord in Swahili)

No comments:

Post a Comment