Sunday, March 21, 2010

What would you give?

So today I’ve been hit with the question.. What would you give up for God?
You know my whole life God has blessed me with a Christian family with Christian friends and with a godly upbringing. I’ve not had to struggle through life, I don’t know what it’s like to go without food or live in a tent or even a Mobil home. I have been richly blessed…I have become used to having almost anything I wanted. Coming to Africa the Lord has shown me my selfishness in more ways than one. (I am not pointing the finger at anyone, this blog is my thoughts and what the Lord is teaching me please don’t think I am judging America, Africa or you who are reading this right now.)
I have seen how much I have and how little others have and yet …I want more. But it’s more than just a matter of material possessions. That is not the point of this blog entry and not the answer to my question. What I mean by this is, what would I give up? I obviously, to some people’s opinions would be said to have given up much. For I have left my family, my home and all that I knew for what..The Lord’s calling? The poor of Africa? The orphaned children of Kenya? For what? To ‘suffer’ in the desert.. ‘Yes truly I must have given up much for my Lord.’ But really, what have I given up? Am I truly dying to my own desires and taking up the Cross of Christ? Or have I been an actress performing before an audience of believers. I don’t know…perhaps I’m sure that I’ve given enough.

-But O My Beloved… how much more would you give up for ME?

Well, you see… I really, really love my new Mac computer, it’s pretty, it works amazing and I use it all the time and don’t you realize I bought it with my own hard earned cash!
“Would you give it up?”
I also really enjoy and love my clothes and my makeup and all my stuff that I dragged along with me from America…
“Would you give it ALL up?”
I love my family so much, almost more than I love myself…
“Would you give them to Me Abby?
I really like my certain foods and drinks and man I just couldn’t give them up, how would I live without my particular food?
“Would you give it ALL up?”
(Now, I don’t know if the Lord really is asking me to give up all these things and I don’t think you need to worry that my next blog will be on how to survive on the streets of Kenya with only a matchstick. I won’t be that drastic or illogical.)
--But Lord, I love my life… I don’t really want to suffer and be persecuted can I just live my life and get married and live normally in America with a good job and maybe some kids. I’ll raise them up to love you Lord, really I will. I’ll even go to church on Sunday and oh, I’ll even pray in the morning and even, yes get this ,I’ll even read my Bible before I go to church. If …oh well if that is I’m not too busy, you know Lord I’m sorry it’s so busy I might have to skip on the Bible reading. But you won’t mind because you looovee me!---
“ And whoever does not take us his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.”
(Matt. 10:38-39)
Hmm so what you’re saying is… I have to give my life. Ouch Lord that hurts….
“I was wounded, I was crushed, I was oppressed and afflicted (Isaiah 53) … I gave My Life for you. Because I Love you with an everlasting love. ‘You are precious in my eyes and I love you.’ (Isaiah 43:4)
Christ gave it ALL humbly, sacrificially and completely. Christ gave His Life.
What will I give?... Will I give my life? Will I die for Christ? Will I take up my cross and follow Him to the end, whatever that may be? Keeping my eyes fixed on the prize that will be eternal that will be better and more majestic and more wonderful than my mind can ever imagine?
Will I ‘waste’ my life for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? Will I be tested and tried; with no regrets… oh Lord may I be found at your feet.
---I will leave it all behind, I’ll have no other beside you God, I will cling to you alone. For I am in love with you…yes I am in love with you. There is no cost, there is no loss… for I am in love with You my Daddy Father!

(P.s. Sorry that all my post are on the same day. I wrote them all on different days but can only go to the Internet spot once in awhile. Usually it is once a week so I try to get everything written up before going.)

No comments:

Post a Comment