Monday, April 25, 2011

Continuing on...




I wrote this a while ago when I was still in Kenya and preparing to leave. I forgot about it and didn't post it until now. It's just a little of what I was feeling as I began to leave~



How am I to leave this place. How can I go back to my old life in America. How does a person say goodbye to people who you’ve known, visited, talked with, prayed with and for and loved?

The cruel part of this internship is they never told me that I’d love it here. They never told me that I wouldn’t want to leave. At the beginning that’s all I wanted to do is run away from this place. Now I don’t want to go.

I know that wherever God takes me it will be more goodbyes. I know that this is not the end and it’s really only the beginning of my future in Missions.

I’ve invested everything in my time here, I’ve left nothing back and have in a way become part Kenyan.

I’ll always be thankful for this time, I’ve seen and lived what many people will never see or understand. I have a different perspective on life now and I will never be the same. I may move away from Kenya and perhaps never come back but I will never fforget the people, the life I’ve had here or the things I learned.

Finding God in this place has been a challenge and yet He’s more clear here than anywhere. I remember my first couple months when we were experiencing spiritual attacks, God was very near me I could almost touch Him.

I can’t even explain the things I’ve been through here and the range of emotions. I came as a young 19 year old who was terrified, ignorant, arrogant and suddenly all alone in a strange world. Now I’m 21 still young, not terrified, not ignorant and hopefully not arrogant! I have found peace in the chaos and hope in the impossible.

How do you love that which you don’t understand? Get out of yourself and get to know that which you don’t understand.

There’s always a story behind the eyes, there’s always pain behind the smile.

I’ve learned to see a person, to want to see them and to hear their story no matter who they are or what they look like. Because God made them and loves them and wants them to come to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Amen- you will never be the same again. Your writing is beautiful, honest and open. Even more than that you are a beautiful woman of God that i admire and stand in awe of.

    ReplyDelete