Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wow I don't' think I'm in Kenya anymore...



Yufta it’s cold here. So I’m in Bloomington Minnesota where it is cold! However we did experience the one of the hottest days in the country being at 104 degrees. I came out of our school building and said to my friend, ‘ah it’s finally nice and warm out!’ So least to say I haven’t acclimated quite yet to the weather of the North. I do however love wearing American clothes in the chilly weather, no more skirts.

Coming back to America was hard in a lot of ways but also easy. As I work through culture-shock and trying to get use to everything again I tend to forget that my Internship in Kenya even happened! Either it never happened or I never lived in the States before Kenya. I forget both. If I think to much about Kenya I begin to cry and miss it terribly and all my friends. My life is here now but part of my heart is still in Kenya.

I have been in Minnesota for over a month and will finish my program and graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Cross Culture Communication in August this year. I am excited to be finished but also am sad to see the end of so much good and to say goodbye yet again to so many friends.

Through this time here I have been thinking about what’s next and what will I do and where will I go. I have many options and lots of good ideas, the problem is I want them to be God’s ideas and plans for my life and not my own.

Before I went to Kenya I was becoming interested in Midwifery and realizing that I get really excited when I’m around pregnant women and when I hear about their deliveries and hold their newborn. During my time in Kenya the Lord brought this desire to a higher level and I left Kenya wanting to become a Midwife and go into Medical Missions overseas somewhere. So now that I am on this side of the world it’s time to get serious. I plan on taking classes and learning about midwifery and motherhood and all the involved subjects while I’m here and then after graduating I want to enroll in a midwifery school somewhere in the States or in the Philippines. I don’t have anything set in stone but am praying and trusting God to lead me to where He wants me to go.

While being at Bethany College the Lord is teaching me so many things and taking out things that don’t belong in my heart. I have had to work through lies that I had believed over internship and work through fears that I didn’t know I had. Through all of the removing and the abiding in Him I have grown more in love with Him and have become stronger through it all. I am learning the joy of the Lord in this place and how to be alone with just Him and to find contentment in the quiet. It’s hard going from ministry and new things to the same old schedule and sitting in class and working. It hits you in different ways throughout the day. But through it all My God is a Solid Rock and my Comforter

No comments:

Post a Comment